More than 100 million products were sold on Prime Day in 2018. Prime day will take place in mid-July 2019 but the final date has not yet been announced.
The window to accept offers will open between the 1st of April and May 17th. During this time, Amazon will propose to its Vendor partners which products qualify for the Prime Day promotion with a request for their review and acceptance. It will also offer a price to buy the product for Prime Day.
Product Eligibility Requirements and Key Principles of the Prime Day Promotion:
- the product price must be 20% lower than the current retail price on Amazon
- the price must be at least 5% below the lowest selling price in the past 28 days
- the price must be the lowest selling price since January 1st, 2019
- only one Ligtning Deal available for one product
- product must have at least 5 product reviews with an average rating of no less than 3 stars
- the fee for one approved Prime Deal is EUR 70
- an approved Prime Deal does not guarantee that a product will be displayed on Prime Day. An algorithm will decide which deals to display based on their potential and the quality of the Prime Day offer
- To start the Prime Day process and learn more about it log into your Vendor account and under Merchandising go to Marketing Recommendations